Much work has already been completed for the Triumph of Flight. Here is a partial list of project accomplishments to date, which is current as of July 2017:
- Land committed
- Initial soil sampling
- Initial design
- Highway and FAA Approvals
- Wind tunnel testing
- Structural engineers onboard
- Endorsement of state and local government (including $250,000 authorized by the State of Ohio
- Over 2.1 million of the $21 million total project cost covered.
- Budget bid study
- Maintenance endowment study
- Legislation for Ohio Aviation Hall of Fame
- STEM program partnership
- Final zoning and site approvals
- Partnerships with major donors
Check back often as this list will be updated with new completed tasks as we get closer to the final look of this beautiful monument.