The Triumph of Flight will be a stunning 27-story monument dedicated to the dreamers of aviation — a shimmering 1905 Wright Flyer soaring over the intersection of I-70 and I-75.
Nearly the height of the Statue of Liberty, it will be seen up to three miles away by over 62 million vehicles each year — a spectacular stainless steel work of art nearly 150 feet wide, supported by a dramatic pedestal, and anchored by streaming steel cables capturing the exhilarating lift of flight. But the Triumph of Flight will be more than a showpiece. It will be the focal point of a dynamic, evolving public space designed for education and entertainment:
- Evolution of Flight park featuring public art of aviation milestones
- A breathtaking illuminated reflecting pool
- A 10,000-square-foot indoor STEM learning center
- A 10,000-square-foot plaza for groups and outdoor events
- Ohio’s Aviation Hall of Fame
The very concept of flight has always lifted up dreamers. New generations need a place where they can visit to experience the past successes of flight and look up to chart the future among the stars. For all lovers of flight, welcome to the birthplace of big ideas and America’s next big monument.